A pregnant pause is one that takes on the characteristic of being anticipatory but inscrutable to the observer whether by design or not of the pause maker in the sense that pregnancy is an anticipated but uncertain revelation in the making a pregnant pause is an anticipated but uncertain utterance in the making. The silence that occurs after someone has said or done something that leaves everyone who bore witness to the event speechless the first cousin of awkward silence a pregnant pause often occurs when something that requires a sarcastic response happens but no one quite knows what to day or do. Definition of pregnant pause in the idioms dictionary pregnant pause phrase what does pregnant pause expression mean definitions by the largest idiom dictionary
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.